Sunday, March 30, 2014

Lets Make a Resolution: Lets Always Stay Friends

Wow... I cant believe how fast March went by. It seems like only yesterday we were counting down the days till rehearsals started and how excited we all were to be in Rent!! It was all so surreal. This whole process from rehearsals to performance times has really taught me so much. I have prayed for a long time to get into something that I would love. Never in my wildest dreams did I think that it would be with New Line Theatre performing in a musical that I have dreamed of doing for years. This show has really made me go back to my roots of doing research and asking questions and learning about the space and time that you are in. It helped me rebuild my core. But having two awesome directors like Scott and Mike and such a beyond talented cast around me that's when I really began to see things in a new way. Being on that stage with this talented group who I now have the honor of calling my friends, I really got a chance to take in the emotion and laughter and tears so Rent became more than a show on a stage... it became life. It was so wonderful going through all of these different characters and different struggles and having those moments like in the Life CafĂ© where we all come together as friends and celebrate friendships and relationships and just enjoy life in that moment. It was even better seeing how the audience responded and how much they became apart of the show. It was such a great feeling seeing and hearing how moved our audience members were. How much they felt apart of everything. Some even came back again and again and every time they saw new things and felt new things and always came out with a big smile on their face and tears of joy from their heart. That to me is the true Power of Theatre. That is why I love to do this and why I will always do this. I'm truly grateful and forever thankful to Scott for this amazing opportunity. He has given us direction but also gave us the chance to find our way and create and turn Rent into this piece that i'm sure St Louis will still be talking about for a very long time. I want to thank this amazing cast for being a Life Support to me and giving me the chance to see how amazing and wonderful you all truly are. Big thanks to Kerrie, Gabe and Mike for your awesome work on the production end. You guys rock big time and are beyond amazing!!! To Justin and the entire New Line Band, you guys helped us sound awesome every show. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!! To Rob our Set and Lights Designer: You are truly a theatre wizard!! And a final Thank You to the wonderful people of St Louis and everyone who travelled to St Louis to come see the show. Thank you for sharing this amazing journey with us. It is very hard to say goodbye to this show but I couldn't be more proud and honored and happy to have been apart of this wonderful ride. Rent will always be in my heart and a piece of a dream fulfilled. Goodbye my beautiful Alphabet City and onto the next crazy awesome adventure. Viva La Vie Boheme!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment